Aboriginal Media Lab (AML) is an organization that intends to explore the aboriginal expression through media. It’s aim is to “promote aboriginal leadership and excellence in today’s knowledge-based economies” through the implementation of projects related to cultural expression of aboriginal groups and the promotion of aboriginal research methodologies. Their goals are:
- “to create an environment for Aboriginal research that recognizes and promotes Aboriginal research methodologies and purpose, as well as Aboriginal knowledge and knowledge systems
- to undertake research that will make a positive difference in media production and broadcasting, re: Aboriginal history media, storytelling and aesthetics
- to develop and mentor Aboriginal researchers and future scholars in the field of media and history
- to build and validate Aboriginal intellectual strategies and methods
- to create interface between Aboriginal academics and Aboriginal producers and broadcasters,
- to build relationships and on-going collaboration
- to apply the research to developing other models of media production on topics related to Aboriginal history”.