We invite you to go through the following activities with Twitter. If you are unfamiliar with Twitter, we have prepared a short video outlining the basics to get started with the service.
1 Start an Twitter account if you haven’t already.
Search for and Follow the Tweeters from the Professional Development video:
Jeff Herb @InstTechTalk
Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast
Sue Gorman @sjgorman
Meg Wilson @iPodsibilities
Monica Burns @ClassTechTips
Jerry Blumengarten @cybrarymanI
Jennie Magiera @MsMagiera
Feel free to Follow more sources for educational technology.
2. By Friday, post (at least) one tweet with the hashtag #ETEC522SM ideas about using Twitter for Professional Development in your field.
3. By the end of Week 5, please answer one or more of the following questions below:
- How do you feel about Twitter as a service? Does the 140-character limit influence you?
- After being connected to a circle of educators, do you believe Twitter has the potential to be a powerful professional development tool?
- Will you continue to use Twitter after this week’s activities?