Conclusion

The market for professional development using social media is quite saturated at the moment, but with no clear market leader. Social media channels have solidified over the last 5 years, and there has been large amount of consolidation in the industry as new players get bought by existing firms. There seems to be many established ways of using social media for professional development, for example Google Plus communities dedicated to the professional development of teachers.

However, many social media platforms have shortcomings that weaken their appeal for formal professional development, and establish them only as platforms for resource finding and creating connections with others. In particular, many social media platforms are not able to provide learning opportunities that are in line with established best practices for professional development,  particularly in the ability to create contextualized hands-on learning opportunities. This being said, Google Plus and LinkedIn standout as social media platforms that start to address that concern.

Considering then social media as a tool to find resources, an immediate opportunity that becomes visible is the aggregation and curation of content. However, in this space as well there are already well established players. When we consider increasing the robustness of the learning that happens through social media channel we also run into well established platforms that exist outside the social media space, specifically MOOCs and Learning Networks.

In our opinion then, new opportunities in this space are more likely to be found by extending the functionality of existing platforms such as Google +, or in the integration of social media for existing learning networks or MOOCs, than in creating a social networking platform that would focus solely on professional development.

For an extended justification of our rationale, please review the pages in this section.

60 comments on “Conclusion
  1. Shaimaa says:

Your last paragraph is really insightful and it ties to a previous discussion we had in the Entrepreneur Bootcamp. Social media was mainly developed as a connection tool, not as a tool for PD. Yet customers used some of its features for PD purposes. Would the social media providers be clever enough to use this as a new business opportunity is still a question. I think Google+ is taking steps towards this especially with the range of services and apps they offer.

2. tsteffen says:

Team 1 – Thanks for a great presentation. Although I did not sign up for the various social media accounts for personal and professional reasons, your presentation allowed me to learn more about three social media platforms. I was curious enough to go back to our corporate portal to check out what social media our company is using and in particular, what social media our Training and Education Team is using. This is what I found:
    Corporate overall: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Slideshow
    Training and Education Department: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+

3. bmehregani says:

I also did not sign up for the different social media accounts. Although I see value in using social media, I do not use them in my personal life or in my professional life.

This presentation is about social media in the classroom. As a K-3 teacher, I know that parents, the school, and the district would not approve of the use of social media in the classroom. I think that the reasons are obvious.

However, I would say that, if there was a social networking service within school districts hosted on their servers, there is a possibility that teachers would use social media in the classroom, even at the intermediate grades.

4. {Lancashire says:

I do believe all of the ideas you’ve offered for your post.
    They are really convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless,
    the posts are very quick for starters. May you please prolong them a bit from subsequent time?

Thank you for the post.

5. tapanga says:

that was so cool

6. All latest watch online videos in HD for free

7. asher says:

O programa diário mais famoso do Brasil Power Couple 5 exclusivo.

8. asher says:

Free episodes of Tamil tv soap opera Eramana Rojave only at Eramana Rojave Tamil Dhool TV daily.

9. totositehotcom says:

¡Trabajo maravilloso! Este es el tipo de información que debe compartirse en la red.
    ¡Deshonra en los motores de búsqueda por no posicionar este puesto más alto!

Ven y habla con mi sitio. Gracias =)

https://www.totositehot.com

10. HP wireless printer is a versatile printing device that helps you print, scan, copy and fax your documents as per the requirement

11. visit the canonsetup-canon.com/ijsetup website for the same. All-in-one Canon Inkjet printers are suitable for home, business, school, and others to improve productivity.

12. The setup process for every Canon model is almost similar, however the download through http //ij.start.cannon or https //ij.start.cannon and installation process may differ.

13. The setup process for every Canon model is almost similar, however the download through http //ij.start.cannon or https //ij.start.cannon and installation process may differ.

14. Thank you for another informative blog. Where else could I get that kind of info written in such a perfect way? https://www.texasholdemsite.info

15. Actually Magnificent. I am also a specialist in this topic so I can understand your effort. https://www.pachinkosite.info

16. hotmail says:

What were the steps taken to solve this problem?

17. papaagccom says:

I must show my thanks to you for bailing me out of this particular difficulty. Right after exploring through the world-wide-web and seeing suggestions which are not pleasant, I was thinking my entire life was gone. Being alive without the approaches to the issues you have fixed by way of your main website is a crucial case, and ones which could have in a wrong way damaged my entire career if I had not noticed your blog post. That understanding and kindness in handling all the things was valuable. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I hadn’t come upon such a solution like this. I’m able to at this moment look forward to my future. Thanks for your time so much for your reliable and effective help. I will not think twice to suggest your web sites to any person who should get support on this area. https://www.papa-agc.com

18. asher says:

Assistir completo Vanitas no Carte 2 Legendado em HD Portuguese Legendado completo assista online ou baixe gratuitamente.

19. In the modern-day, all want to earn money in a short time and easily. youtube is a platform which can give you all.Kofax Promo Code But very less amount youtube channel provides you real and accurate information which you want. otherwise, most of the channels add on very less his own content and present it as unique content. youtube should take a serious step on this duplicacy

20. John says:

Most channels add on very less his own content and present it as unique content. youtube should take a serious step on this duplicacy. When I was searching csp vs paint tool sai get lots of wrong results and incomplete information.

21. nolag says:

i read your article and it is informative for me i reached your blog by using nolag vpn software.

22. 부산출장 says:

15 minutes. Risotto may be served al dente, with a slight crispness to the bite, or with a
    https://www.homemcms.com/busan

23. the rice and stir to coat with the butter, oil and onions. Add the wine and cook, stirring
    https://www.homemcms.com/busan

24. I was looking it for so long , and i found it finally that i know it will help me .
    https://www.powerballsite.com

25. I have learn this put up and if I may just I desire to suggest you some attention-grabbing issues or tips.
    https://www.casinosite.link

26. This article would help us as a citizens in this country how make it more better.
    https://www.sportstoto365.com

27. Visit ij.start.canon and find out the best way to download Canon printer drivers. Canon printers are ideal for every situation wherever you need a document, paper, or photo print or even if you wish to scan, fax, and do more

28. These printers are best to use in industries due to precise print, speed, and economical features. Instead of ink, these models use toner powder to print. Though, LaserJet printers are costly than inkjet printers for home users but affordable and best for businesses, industries, and large organizations 123.hp.com/laserjet .

29. sarah wills says:

Magellan roadmate Updates
    Some popular Gps devices like- Magellan devices like magellan maestro 3200,magellan roadmate 1440,magellan maestro 4040, magellan roadmate 5235t-lm,magellan roadmate 1700,magellan roadmate 1470, and other old and newer models. We’ll help you to get easy maps, software / Firmware updates.

Are you planning a trip or going out and wondering if you could have the latest maps to make your trip or your work. Well, you’re a step away from the latest map updates. Latest map updates make sure that you always reach your destination on time with full-proof accuracy.

30. A new purchased (or older) Canon printer needs to be set up. First, ensure you’ve installed the latest drivers and software from a valid site, for example – ij.start.cannon

31. You can easily set up your Canon printer through drivers from wireless connection, USB, and a few components. The setup process for every Canon model is almost similar, however the download through http //ij.start.cannon and installation process may differ. .

32. Mitra Boiler says:

After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article Jual Burner Gas Riello Gas/2

33. I want to leave a little comment to support and wish you the best of luck .we wish you the best of luck in all your blogging enedevors
    Jual Boiler 500 Kg Vertikal

34. mark says:

hotmail
    is a free email service provided by Microsoft. It was first known as “Hotmail.com”, but on April 3rd, 2013 Microsoft changed its website to “Outlook.com”.

If you don’t own a Microsoft account it takes only a few minutes to create an outlook.com account for free. With a free hotmail.com account, you can access your emails, calendars, tasks from any place which has an internet connection.

35. asher says:

Watch exclusive shows and video at one place tamildhool anytime anywhere

36. mark says:

hotmail is a free email service provided by Microsoft. It was first known as “Hotmail.com”, but on April 3rd, 2013 Microsoft changed its website to “Outlook.com”.

37. David Reese says:

I like your posts. They are really convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are very quick for starters. Thanks for sharing this post. Cobra Kai Jacket

38. William Tanner says:

I really like your post. I do believe all of the ideas you’ve offered for your post. Thank you for another informative blog. Men’s Biker Jackets

39. James Harman says:

I was looking it for so long , and i found it finally that i know it will help me. I really like your post. Thank you for another informative blog. MEN LEATHER GARMENTS SUPPLIER

40. nick says:

Tata Carnatica Within Tata Carnatica you’ll find unparalleled comfort. For those who wish to enjoy a lifestyle that is anything but ordinary, there is no better place than Tata Carnatica. This new age gated community offers unparalleled luxury in an exclusive environment like no other. With its history of innovation, the Tata Group continues to bring progress to all of India, and with this project they hope to do that just for you. It will be your home for life.

41. Is your Mac running slow? Try Mac Optimizer Pro, the world best Mac cleaner to speed up Mac. All-in-one suite to ring up the performance of your device.

42. Playapkpro says:

Nowadays social media has plays a major role in the education,mostly peoples open their academies and make their profiles on the Instagram , facebook and tweeter to make them famous ,mostly people use instaUp Apk on their android to increase their follower on the instagram.

43. I love this project but I wouldn’t recommend it. It can be really buggy. I suggest you look for other more reliable options if you’re going to use it for a serious project jual boiler vertikal

44. We are making learning a fun and interactive activity through JUAL BOILER 1000 KG which learners gain maximum and succeed in their careers

45. In terms of furniture, the living space is perhaps the most significant area in the home. Jual Boiler 2 Ton vertikal

46. Aleesha says:

I really liked checking out this important material discussed with enlightening details. Appreciations for sharing this sort of understanding.
    Sex Toys Pakistan

47. sufiyan says:

Yes. You can download Hotstar Mod Apk for free, which is 100% secure. There will be no more junky ads. more info here

48. Sonya says:

You can do that on the Garena Free Fire Mod Apk application as they have added the section, you should need to update.

49. vinod says:

You can do that on the Inshot Pro Mod Apk application as they have added the section, you should need to update.

50. smaps says:

Drift Hunters game is a racing game with unllimited money. You can free to buy all the items on the shop. This game will be easy for you. Enjoy the game!

51. ドール リアル この素晴らしい読書に感謝したいです!私は確かにそれのすべての少しを愛していました。あなたが投稿した新しいものを見るためにあなたにブックマークを付けてもらいました…

52. spotify says:

You can do that on the Spotify Premium MOD APK application as they have added the section, you should need to update.

53. CarX Street Mod APK is an amazing game for Android which allows you to change the color of your car. This is a great game for those who love to play with colors and want to make their car look different. The best part about this game is that it is absolutely free to download and use. 

54. I felt very happy while reading this site.

55. Content is seriously well created and all the opinions are formulated in an expert technique. I really love to review your posts because of your catchy strategies posted in the article that not merely gratify yet additionally aid us recognize many things.

56. Bobby Powell says:

I was looking it for so long , and i found it finally that I know it will help me. I really like your post. Thank you for another informative blog. Earthzwholesale