Other Professional Development
- Managing Reactions in Difficult Conversations. March 13, 2019. Facilitator: Diane Ross. 3-hour session through UBC AAPS.
- Focus on Feedback: A Leadership Advantage. November 15, 2017. Facilitator: Julie Hamilton & Associates for UBC HR MOST program. A 3-hour session that focused on giving feedback for improvement in the workplace.
- Lead Yourself First: 3-day course in which I gained additional insights on my personal leadership style and how to lead more effectively. (LEAD 1100, Justice Institute of British Columbia). April 10-12, 2017. Facilitator: Alan Simpson.
- Free the Voice. February 26, 2017. Facilitator: Lyn McGown. Notes, private.
- Rule out Racism. March 25, 2014. I attended a session that examined the limits of “I don’t see race” discourse using examples from the fields of education, health promotion and social services (My notes in PDF: The racism of I don’t see race). Presenter: John Paul Catungal, Ph.D
- Intercultural Fluency. May 3, 2013. Facilitated largely by Alden Habacon, UBC’s Director of Intercultural Understanding Strategy Development and Karen Rolston, Director for the UBC Centre for Intercultural Communication.
- Practical Project Management. May 7, 2012. This was a UBC AAPS workshop offered by the Berrant Group.
- MITACS Step Project Management Workshop (Wednesday, February 16, 2011)