best work

Bare-branched treetop facing Locarno Beach © Jenny Zhu

This page contains some of my best work from ENGL 301. These are the final, peer reviewed and self-edited versions with a short description of each assignment above the hyperlinks. Below you will find:

• Definitions Assignment
  • Peer Review: Definitions Assignment
  • Business Letters
  • Peer Review: Application Package
  • Formal Report Proposal and Progress Report with Surveys
  • Formal Report
  • Peer Review: Formal Report

Definitions Assignment

Here I define the term “cystic fibrosis” in three levels. In technical communication being able to explain rather complex words and ideas in layman’s terms is a useful skill.

Jenny Zhu 301 – Definitions

Peer Review: Definitions Assignment

This is a peer review Jobina’s definitions assignment where she defines cache memory in simple terms.

301 Jenny Zhu – Peer Review of Definitions

Business Letters

The goal of this assignment was to practice writing with YOU-attitude by composing a complaint letter to a real-life situation and a letter in response to the complaint. I addressed the letter to Amazon regarding a pair of Bluetooth earbuds.

301 Jenny Zhu – Business Letters

Peer Review: Application Package

My peer review of Thomas’ application package provided a lot of feedback while maintaining YOU-attitude and positive tone throughout.

301 Jenny Zhu – Peer Review of Application Package 

Formal Report Proposal and Progress Report with Surveys

The report proposal was the first step to creating a formal report, where my initial ideas were formulated.

The progress report was written about halfway through the whole process and served as a good outline that helped keep me on task. I often referred to this document while writing my report.

301 Jenny Zhu – Formal Report Proposal
301 Jenny Zhu – Progress Report with Surveys 

Formal Report

The formal report, the main project in ENGL 301, is a research project aimed to address a solvable issue. The process of creating this report took around one month, including collecting data from surveys and interviews. My topic is centered around reducing single-use plastic waste at an engineering outreach organization.

301 Jenny Zhu – Formal Report

Peer Review: Formal Report

This has been my most extensive review thus far.  My feedback mainly touched on formatting, grammar, and conciseness. The review had a good balance of criticism and encouragement.

301 Jenny Zhu – Peer Review of Formal Report