Emails to Prospective Team Members

To: jiajie.xu@hotmail.com
From: joannayu9710@gmail.com
Date: May 23, 2020
Subject: Re: Application Letter
Attachment: 301 Joanna Yu Application Letter

Dear Jiaje Xu,

I am writing this letter to express my interest to be a member of your writing team for ENGL 301. I am very interested in joining and contributing my skills to your writing team. With my strong work ethic and knowledge of different writing styles that I have developed from my other courses, I am sure I can be an asset to any team.

I am in my third year of studies at the University of British Columbia. In April 2021, I expect to graduate from the faculty of arts with a major in economics. Over the course of my studies, I had a chance to take several courses which required writing academic essays and research papers. I also have some experience in writing economic reports from my Economics courses. These experiences significantly helped me develop important skills in writing effectively.

Influenced by my studies in Economics, I have developed an interest in the banking industry. After I graduate, I hope to work as a financial advisor which will allow me to offer sound financial advice to my clients. My good leadership skills and ability to effectively communicate will allow me to excel in this role. Apart from my strengths, a weakness I am trying to improve on is my technical writing skills. I believe that by taking ENGL 301, it can help me improve write better business letters.

For my learning philosophy, it is important for me to be able to use my knowledge in my everyday life. This motivates me to ask deeper questions on topics that interests me which allows me to connect them to practical applications.

When I am not occupied with studying, I like to read and listen to the financial news. This helps me develop my insights and have up-to-date information about what is trending in the financial markets. This also allows me to improve my writing about financial articles.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application letter. Please email me at joannayu9710@gmail.com if you believe I can contribute positively to your team. I look forward to hearing from you and joining your writing team.

Sincerely,

Joanna Yu

______________________________________________________________

To: jiesu169@gmail.com
From: joannayu9710@gmail.com
Date: May 23, 2020
Subject: Re: Application Letter

Dear Jie Su,

Sincerely,

Joanna Yu

To: meerapatel049@gmail.com
From: joannayu9710@gmail.com
Date: May 23, 2020
Subject: Re: Application Letter

Dear Meera Patel,

Sincerely,

Joanna Yu