About

I am a teacher candidate at the University of British Columbia in the Secondary Education Program, currently living in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Producing designs and work of a human-propelled + sustainable nature (usually involving bicycles or engineless water-craft), I strive to bring art education + outdoor education together.

Working both in traditional fine art and technological media art ways, I aim to inspire creative concepts, techniques, and analytical thinking in my students. I also believe that teaching is inherently an ethical task, with the goal of influencing students to become receptive, positive life-long learners.

garden_painting

Movement describes both metaphorical and literal ambitions in my life — movement, progression, and growth towards a bright future for upcoming generations + physical movement, exercise, and activities that contribute to that making that possible.

moose_painting

Read my ‘Home’ or blog page to see teaching experiences, lesson ideas and interdisciplinary, collaborative works that illustrate my journey through the education realm, and feel free to contact me with any questions at justineyearwood@gmail.com.

justine teacher resume website

seabirds