RE: My Two Dollar’s Blog Post “Be Frugal, But Don’t Be A Cheap Bastard”

Visit “My Two Dollars” for more blog posts!

I came about the personal financial blog, My Two Dollars, whilst in the search for a perfect external blog. I browsed through the site, and found a lot of the articles quite interesting, majority of the posts being about saving money. In particular, I found the post “Be Frugal, But Don’t Be A Cheap Bastard” engaging, thoughtful and just, different. The blogger, David, reminds us that “money can be replaced – life cannot. Don’t be a cheap bastard when it comes to the important stuff in life.”

“Being frugal is one thing, but not spending a dime…means you are missing out on your sole purpose of being on this earth – living.” – David, My Two Dollars

And I completely agree with the main message he’s giving. This post made me think about the important things I’ve missed recently to save money, including the missed opportunities that have been presented to me the past 3 months of university. I have to remember that the fun and interactive components of university, that will benefit my experience, is also important of my university life.

I do realize that My Two Dollars isn’t exactly a ‘business’ blog – the posts are quite helpful in the sense that they give you tips for money-saving, but they’re also thought-provoking. Definitely check out the post “Be Frugal, But Don’t Be A Cheap Bastard”, it is certainly worth the read.

If you have read the blog post, I’d like to know your thoughts on whether it’s worth it to save money, or to splurge occasionally to spend time with those who are important in your life?

16. November 2012 by Katie Chow
Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment