RE: blog.intuit.com’s “7 Ways to Cut Your Workplace Water Bills” by Jan Fletcher.

Going through my daily (or may I say “late-night”-ly) internet browsing, I came across this particular business blog, Intuit. The writers of blog.intuit.com offer many different topics including marketing, business strategies and tips, social media, money, and many, many more. I clicked around the blog site and found the blog post “7 Ways to Cut Your Workplace Water Bills” quite interesting.

I found that this article ties in quite nicely with November 13’s Sustainability lecture in COMM101. Jan Fletcher describes seven tips to cut down water bill costs, which in turn will not only save money but also contribute to water conservation.

Here’s  a rundown on the seven ways Jan offers:

1. Discuss water use with new hires.
  2. Take advantage of incentives for water-saving technology.
  3. Tap water utilities for conservation ideas.
  4. Trade greener grass for cash.
  5. Calculate the cost of ongoing leaks.
  6. Consider alternatives to water for cleaning tasks.
  7. Join forces with others who support your efforts.

Reading the several ways that Jan Fletcher suggested made me think of even more ideas and expanding on the above seven ways, including reusing rainwater collected from the roof, and recycling old water from unused office mugs. What are other ways that you can think of? I find that Jan has compiled a very good list.

Regarding the blog in general, I definitely recommend to check it out, as the blog is intriguing to read, and has an array of different topics to appeal to any reader.

18. November 2012 by Katie Chow
Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment