About Me

Although I graduated with a technical background in China, I have always had a passion for health and fitness. After landing in Canada as a new immigrant in 2004, I kept on working in the telecommunications industry to support my family’s new life. But I started to explore career options to integrate my dream into my work and make my life more meaningful because strength and conditioning training and movement rehabilitation have always fascinated me. In 2016, I finally made the decision to pursue my coaching dream of becoming a personal trainer. I believe that health and fitness are not only the foundation for sports performance but also for a quality life that people can have.

As one of the top personal trainers at the Richmond City Center Community Center, I specialize in strength and conditioning training for recreational sports performance. As a recreational soccer player myself, I understand that the fundamental purpose of this sport is for health and enjoyment. My main coaching goal is to provide players with a safe, individualized training plan to improve their health and establish the foundation for them to improve their soccer skills.

I have been certified by the UBC FAME (Fitness and Mobility Exercise) program to train patients who have had a stroke with specially designed exercises. Most recently, I have started participating in the UBC Changing Aging program to instruct the movement reestablishment and improvement program for seniors at the Kerrisdale community center.

I have a diploma in Kinesiology from Langara College, and I am currently studying the degree of Kinesiology program at UBC. I have also received several awards for my academic achievements and leadership skills, including the Ike Barber Transfer Scholarship and the Dr. Sandra Hartley Award at UBC, and the Faculty of Kinesiology Leadership Award at Langara. Additionally, I have been recognized as a Dean’s Honor Roll student at Langara.

Furthermore, I am fluent in English, Chinese, and Russian, which has allowed me to communicate effectively with a diverse clientele. In my free time, I am an active recreational soccer player in the Richmond Soccer League and have even participated in the Provincial Nation’s Cup held in Richmond, BC. I also contribute to the fitness community through blogging, providing valuable insights on fitness training and exercise research to help individuals identify correct and safe workout routines.

Please feel free to connect with me via email: longfitness@gmail.com.