Multiliteracies in ELA Classrooms

Media Project 2: Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse

July 19th, 2013 · 1 Comment

Hello!

Thank you for taking part in our activity today. We had fun. Sorry about the casualties…

Here is the pdf file for our project.

Enjoy!

-Andrew Knorr, Stephanie Moreno, Jacqueline Simpson

MediaProject2

Tags: Media Project II

1 response so far ↓

• TMD // Jul 20th 2013 at 8:52 am

Dear Andrew, Stephanie and Jacqueline,

Thanks for leading this brilliant QR activity. It was clear you spent a great deal of time putting the project together and the outcome was a suspenseful, fun-filled journey for participants. Stephanie’s Halloween experience certainly seems to have been instrumental in the design of the activity — and it was very useful to see the photo documentation of that project to contemplate possible variations of the activity we did (including, for example, planted actors).

I can see this being a highly motivational pre-reading or post-reading activity for your selected novel. As well, it would be a great catalyst for discussion of the aesthetics of mixed-mode creative works (e.g., the sort of role-playing game in which Stephanie took part), which are hybrids of experimental theatre, RPGs/ARGs, electronic literature, etc., and which employ multiple modalities, analogue and digital.

The online materials are helpful in giving a sense of process. You might consider further developing your rubrics if you elect to bring this activity to your classrooms. Otherwise, I didn’t think I saw the actual QR codes in your materials online. Might you be able to add them? (I would like this project to stand as an example for future classes and it would be great to have all parts in place.)

Thanks again for your creative efforts! As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I’ve learned much through the collective work of this class.

Best,

Teresa