Multiliteracies in ELA Classrooms

Media Project II: Favourite Book Quotations

July 18th, 2014 · 1 Comment

This project entailed collecting favourite literary quotations via various social media venues and creating an installation of the quotations in a public space. Some images documenting the project are below; the attached PDF explains the process.

hands

tree

A link to the write-up for our second media project:

Media Project II

Tags: Media Project II

1 response so far ↓

• TMD // Jul 31st 2014 at 11:13 am

Hi all,

I greatly enjoyed this creative crowd-sourced project, which entailed harnessing various communication technologies in its production. Your write-up is thorough and provides a good sense of the process. I’ve added a couple of photos to the blog post itself, along with some lines contextualizing the work. (Feel free to adjust these if you wish — I do feel they are helpful in orienting readers to the nature of the project.)

What is most compelling about this work is its collaborative nature, which goes well beyond the collective efforts of members of the group. As some noted on the presentation day, it would be an excellent class project to be carried out over an extended period of time and there are many possible variations for different contexts.

Thanks again for this creative contribution!

Best,

Teresa