A “New to You” sweater

From The Whig Standard

What a successful event! My friend Jill organized a sweater swap for “National Sweater Day”. The idea is to turn your thermostat down just a little bit and wear a sweater instead to conserve energy!

We set up a table where people could bring in their gently-worn sweaters to trade. A local thrift shop (Phase 2) got us started with some sweaters to start off the day. I traded in one of my sweaters (a soft yellow hoodie) for a black cardigan with grey cuffs and then helped Jill out for the afternoon shift. I think Jill did a great job with this event- I think it touched on a lot of ideas and initiatives students on campus are passionate about like recycling, environmental conservation, thrifting and not to mention saving a little money on your utilities bill!

Seeing Jill get interviewed by the Whig Standard was really cool for me, as I know how much the success of this event meant to her! The photographer was also extremely nice and professional. Jill and I look a bit silly here, the photographer kept telling us to look at each other and laugh! Interesting photography technique- I usually just ask people to say “cheese!”

http://www.thewhig.com/2013/02/07/sweater-event-all-about-the-environment