Pages

Blogroll

February 2010
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728

HP Innovations in Education Worldwide Summit

During the Winter Break I was able to attend two conferences. One of them is “HP Innovations in Education Worldwide Summit“. It took place in Redwood city (near San Francisco) and attracted more than 100 educators from more than 25 countries. During the summit I had a chance to meet with experts on educational technology from all over the world. I would like to share with you some of the information I learned in addition to what you can find on the web site:

1) ISTE – International Society for Technology in Education. This web site is certainly worth visiting. If you join the organization you will be able to collaborate with lots of very creative educators. I recommend you considering it. Their next conference will take place in Denver, CO, on June 27-30, 2010.

2) There is an explosion of resources on using tablets in SMET. I met with colleagues who have created amazing resources for teaching with tablets as well as amazing software. Some of it is free. If you and your students have tablets check “Classroom Presenter”, “Ubiqutous Presenter” and “InkSurvey”. Just search them up. Tablets have lots of exciting possibilities.

3) Check forums in the National Science Teachers Association and other organizations. There is lots of interesting stuff out there and some might be useful to you.