DMCV! (Dieu Merci, C’est Vendredi)

October 22nd, 2010 § 3 comments

The past week, I:

• Attended my first Dollar Project conversation circle, and liked it a lot.
  • Skipped yoga to panic over finishing a History essay. (I will come back next week! I missed that rare one hour of relaxation…)
  • Went to my first Leadership Lunch with Brian, where I ate free lunch (Indian food for this one), got advice from Brian on how to balance self-reliance with seeking help from others, and asked him about his trademark accessory- bowties.
  • Underestimated this equation: lots of questions+80 minutes=no time for checking over, during my Econ midterm.
  • Went to a prof’s office hours for the first time.
  • Got a job helping maintain the Live Well, Learn Well website, and as a result ended up showing my parents my online portfolio then hours later saw that they were showing it off to their friends on Facebook (insert facepalm here).
  • Wore black all week (perhaps this’ll be a new midterm week tradition).
  • Submitted my application for the position of Promotional Director in the AUS First Year Committee.
  • Finished above mentioned History essay on time, and with enough edits done to it to last me a loonnggg time.

All in a week’s work for a UBC First Year :) I feel very fulfilled, haha, with all the midterm work off my shoulders even for just a weekend. My weekend just lasts one day though, for I have to wake up at 5 or 6 am to get on the 7am bus for CLASS, which starts at 9am. Ah, the perks of commuting.

SO: How was your week? And are you going to CLASS? Do let me know!

§ 3 Responses to DMCV! (Dieu Merci, C’est Vendredi)"