Adam Larsen | Assignment 6 | Tactile Body Space

FIRST DRAWING | SPLINTERS, RUST

For my first drawing I tried to draw the texture of a water damaged wood column, gradually approaching and sketching in steps at different scales. I then walked up and down three small steps using a handrail with my eyes closed and analyzed what my hands feet felt.

SECOND DRAWING | RUBBINGS

In my second drawing I did rubbings of all the textures surrounding where I was sitting. This includes concrete, wood, stone tile, grass, and metal.

THIRD DRAWING | HEAT

For my third drawing I walked around and felt the heat of surfaces around me, which ultimately was a map of where the sun was hitting. Some warm spots where the sun didn’t hit however were around the curves of a large metal sphere across from me, and the heat of my own body. 

FOURTH DRAWING | FLAKED, PILLED, BUFFED

For my fourth drawing I was within a study room on the ground floor of Orchard Commons. I tried to draw a plan view to test how I could represent the textures of the seat cushions of the room, as well as the tables.

FIFTH DRAWING | ICEBOX For my fifth drawing I sat on the fake grass field behind the Nest. I tried to represent how it felt to sit on the spot without directly drawing what was actually there. I chose to compare where I was sitting to sitting on an overturned refrigerator, and the grass felt like the abrasive side of a cheap sponge.