How to get an A+ in this class:
• utilize the help of your peers on the Piazza website and give help in return
• Make friends that also take MATH 103 and meet to work on OSH together
• Review your old assignments and quizzes to see what you did wrong.
• Get your homework done at reasonable time before it’s due but not too early when you haven’t learned the concepts yet. Do not do next week’s assignment as soon as it comes out.
• The paper version of the textbook is a waste of money.
• Even though this is math class, take notes.
• Always come to class on quiz days. If you can’t come to class on an OSH day, make sure you have a trusted friend hand in your assignments for you.
• Keep copying notes down even if you get totally lost during a lecture.
• Compile a list of formula that you refer often to so you don’t have to flip through your note every time to find what you need.
• Be psychologically prepared to feel pressed for time during math exams.
• Pick up your old exams and review them to see what you did wrong
Suggested professor: Dr Edwin Perkins. Dr Perkins is super friendly and generous about helping his students to work through what they don’t understand.