Commerce- 299 is a quite practical class for me. During my time at some lectures and tutorials, I have learnt more about myself what strength I have and what I don’t. Moreover, Achieving academic goal is far away from personal or career success. In real business world, no matter how talented you are, you have to present yourself, otherwise none of people will give you an opportunity to begin your career life and realize your ambitions. I also learned about the importance and hidden power of relationship and networking. Nowadays, business is not only selling stuffs but also a kind of dealing with people. Thus, building fast relationship with your potential partner becomes most essential for business. Through the class I have also learnt that improving the ability of being patient, enthusiastic, veracious can effectively extend one’s social circle, which can allow you become a best candidate in the future career life.

Referring to one of the outside marketing blog from Laura
, I have some thought about her article
“Black Friday and Cyber Monday Statistics for 2010 Are In”

It appears the Internet is going to play a significant factor in this year’s holiday shopping season, especially on Black Friday.

black Friday is losing its significant as an in-store shopping event.Online retailers are making greater use of limited-timeoffers.Online retailers with access to analytic tools to track shopping behavior and measure demand and supply data in real time will be in the best position to maximize profits.however,Savvy consumers, knowing that retailers are posting some of their best Black Friday deals online, will shop the Web on Black Friday from the comfort of their homes rather than rise early to face crowded stores.moreover, the rise of the precision shopper will spawn computer applications that help shoppers enter credit card, address and other information quickly so they do not lose out on opportunities to snatch a product at its lowest price.

Digitally savvy consumers who tend to be affluent will do more of their holiday shopping on Thanksgiving and Black Friday to avoid crowded malls, find good deals and take advantage of the strong product selection online. Meanwhile, less affluent consumers, or those not as digitally savvy, will continue to be the shoppers who flock to the stores at 4:00 a.m.

Online shopping is changing how people celebrate Black Friday  Day.

Posted by: | 21st Nov, 2010

Speed of Fashion~Zara

Everybody loves the design of clothing from the famous well-known brand such as channel Gucci etc. But it seems few people can afford the high price. Thus, that is the reason why ZARA appears and develop rapidly in the market. Zara is a successful retailer which stands for the speed of fashion. By focusing on shorter response times, the company ensures that its stores are able to carry clothes that the consumers want at that time. What sets Zara a part from many of its competitors is what it has done to its business information and business process. Rather than concentrating on forecasting accurately, it has developed its business around reacting swiftly. Furthermore, by reducing the quantity manufactured in each style, Zara not only reduces its exposure to any single product but also creates an artificial scarcity. Here is the “quick and dirty “on Zara’s recipe for growth.

Posted by: | 17th Nov, 2010

Walk in fridge

When you see the ads I introduced  to you, you will definitely love the famous beer brand –Heineken.

Let me briefly summarize the commercial.advertisement called “Walk-In Fridge”, which shows the

woman-of-the-house touring her friends around the house. As they reach the bedroom, they start

screaming as they discover her walk-in closet. Then they are disturbed by the screams of their husbands.

Scene shifts to the men, as the man of the house shows off his Walk-In Fridge. As we all know ,every ladies will be

screaming and shrieking when they have a huge luxury dressing closet like Paris Hilton. What make the commercial

so impressive?it shows us that man have a right to scream for the beer as ladies shriek for the closet they loved. Beer company

always create some innovative and humor commercial , Heineken is no exception. it is brilliant way to increase their brand awareness by

impressing people as Heineken dis. the ads also enhance customer perceived value and brand association, every people who have had seen the commercial

might put Heineken in to their evoked sets when they will drink in bar next time. it is indirectly way to built up a brand loyalty.

Posted by: | 4th Nov, 2010

Porsche cayenne !a new way to out.

Referring to one interesting article “Exploring new markets Vs. Maintaining brand’s reputation” in a marketing blog from our classmate Jerry

As we all know ,the brand of porsche stands for powerful, sexy,dynamic car. and it is also label for wealth and power. by comparing to the TOYOTA ,those remarkable feature is not enough to make porsche become most profitable auto company in the world.
Strengths (Interne)
Strong Brand | Image High quality products Focalization on a profitable niche market Very high financial margin Effective risk management Operational Flexibility | Optimized value chain Personalization of Wiedeking and the brand

Weaknesses (Interne)
Focus on luxury segment leads to restricted growth in the luxury segment
Relatively small innovation capacity –> dependence on external innovation suppliers
Dependence on Wiedeking as a manager
Opportunities (Externe)
Entering new segments through involvement in TOYOTA (diversification)
Abolishment of law would lead to stronger influence
Threats (Externe)
Strong competitive rivalry in automobile industry
High ecological standards Dependence on oil

The difference of segments they focused and position they set determine their potential target size and profitability.Toyota is sales orientation company, which concentrate building a long term relationship and occupy a large market share in order to retain sustainable profitability. There is no doubt that Porsche making a great jobs on creating a awesome sporty car that everybody love it , but people seldom can be afford it. that is the reason why porsche release the suv during the difficult recession economic period. porsche make a brilliant decision on growth strategy that release the suv with low price as benz and bmw did. they also give customers a large range or scale of options in terms of equipment and models of car. people have to spend more money on it if they want to keep cross-country performance and not to scarify sporty performance, and have the same driving experiment like porsche sport car.
with much lower price to attract some

I know there are Japanese restaurants everywhere, but they all are different. As the target market differentiate, the type of Japanese restaurants evolved into different positioning in the market.gluttonyisabliss:  (via _bambi_) Seared tuna sushi

When I go out to eat, my priority is Japanese food, so I have tried at least 50 Japanese restaurants in Vancouver. So you can call me an expert. The original Japanese usually to open restaurant in downtown and the food is with small portion but delicacy, and there is not only sushi but also have grill, teriyaki, noodles and hotpot. The service is good but the price is higher.
In Vancouver, Chinese are likely to open Japanese res taurant with all you can eat. There are some like Topgun, Sushi on rice, Toyako and Sui sha ya. These kinds of restaurants are priced range from $25 to $30 with variety types of food and you can order as much as you can eat. Thus it is very good to go with family and many friends.
gluttonyisabliss:  (via lovebuzz) Salmon and avocado roll
The Sushi Garden is one of my favor places because I like the sashimi with big portion, fresh and cheaper than everywhere. The Sushi Gardens’ owner is Korean and it has different locations. When I go at lunch or dinner, it is always lining up. The reason why I like Koreans’ Japanese food is that they always create some sushi rolls are extraordinary. Moreover, the sashimi is always fresh and big portion than any order restaurants. I think this is one of the reasons Korean Japanese food are so famous to attract people line up at least half an hour to wait.

Posted by: | 10th Oct, 2010

MacDonald Effect?

I don’t think the simple hamburger that every people can make at home has such incredible magical power. But, when you come to advertising you will really start to like them.

Bus stop is most straightforward place where convey the message to customers. As you can see on the above two pictures, it directly tells customer what kind of product is proportioning. Moreover the most interesting thing is that the display loaded with coffee bean disappears gradually day by day, which also means it getting close to the end of promotion. I bet no one could pass by these ads without topping and actually reading the message.

Macdonald not only focuses on the target of passenger but also the people are driving on the road. MacDonald has transformed a common streetlight in to a giant carafe pouring a cup of coffee in order to make driver get the message out about a Macdonald’s free coffee promotion. What amazing Ads they are!

Posted by: | 24th Sep, 2010

Hello world!

Welcome to UBC Blogs. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!

Why or How Steve Jobs make Apple so successful?

After you watch the apple commercial above, don’t you feel an irresistible impulse to throw away your PC right away? How can apple transform people’s use habit from PC to Mac? There is no doubt that apple’s marketing department act as an irreplaceable role in company. AS you know, Apple try to make every product simple to better people’s life style and advertisement is no exception. I really love Mac versus PC serial commercial. Why?  Simple is better! The whole Ad is just a conversation between the fat fossil middle-aged man and the young vernal boy under the pure white background.  The difference of character of protagonists directly gives a profound impression especially when they compare what kind of advantage Mac has but PC doesn’t. As creative and successful Ads, it must be an eye-catcher or eye candy with high cost.

Apple marketing team balances both of them perfectly.