Reflection-Self Assessment or Self Discovery?

It feels great to write this reflection blog.  It is the fifth one for the technical writing course but feels like a first one every time.  This is because every time I write a reflection, I seem to have discovered a new side or a new perspective of myself.  This course has given me a chance to discover the side of me that can get creative with writing, review someone else’s work and self edit my work with ease.

I was only a little confident with my technical writing skills so when I first took this course, I knew that it would help strengthen that skill.  However, I did not know that this would be an interesting and captivating course.  I must say that Professor Erika Paterson has a great way of teaching this course.  My outlook on writing overall has changed greatly.  This course has helped me and will continue to help me with my article writing, report writing and various other types of writing in my profession.  I can confidently say that I will not shy away from tickling my creative writing skills when needed.

There has been fewer challenges that I personally encountered due to my low tech IQ, however, that did not discourage me.  Perhaps difficulties make one learn better and practice makes perfect.  A problem is a problem only until one solves it.  Once solved, it becomes an experience.  The technical support team at the University has been very prompt in replying to tech issues.

Overall, I am delighted to announce that I enjoyed this course.  It has improved not only my writing but creativity, proofreading, time management and team work skills.  The most precious thing I have learned is to employ YOU attitude in writing.  I would have never known the importance of writing with YOU attitude and the purpose it serves.  This attitude is directly related to my profession.  In my field, it is very important to make the client feel that his needs are prioritized.    This course has granted me various skills to treasure.