Collection of Best Work

• Revised Definition Assignment: In unit 1, I completed a definitions assignment. I was to choose a word that is a complex term used in my work as a dental hygienist. I chose the work tonsillolith, it is a complex word used to describe bacteria and food that gets trapped within the tonsil pores and calcifies.  I defined the term in a parenthetical definition, a sentence definition, and provided an expanded definition to further explain the term. It was a great start to technical writing, and professional communication with my team members. Revised Definition Assignment
  • Revised Peer Review of the Definition Assignment: The peer review process offered me wonderful feedback on which to draw from in order to improve my writing for this assignment. It was great to receive suggestions on how to improve this assignment from a peer’s perspective. I applied those recommendations to edit and revise my assignment. Looking back on the process, I found that after editing my assignment it improved, there is clarity, and it is concise, I can see what I had previously missed in the original work. I appreciate the recommendations, it is wonderful to have had my peer’s, Joyce Wu, perspective on my writing. I was glad to hear that she found it informative, and easy to understand despite being a dental hygiene related topic.  Peer Review of My Definition Assignment By: Joyce WuPeer Review of Joyce Wu-Definition Assignment By: Brenda Martinez
  • Revised Formal Report Proposal and Progress Report with Surveys:  In unit 2, I began the process of writing a formal report proposal. I really enjoyed working on my formal report proposal, before commencing, I had no idea of what I could research for this assignment. Along the way, I found that the topic that I chose is important for the work that I do and I am sure that it will greatly benefit my team at work in the long run. I have worked on the outline for my report, I was excited to begin with the research. I have never worked on report proposals, so this  was great learning method on professional report proposal writing. ENG 301 Brenda Martinez-Research Proposal-Revised,  Progress Report,  Survey
  • Revised Complaint letter and Response letter: Unit 3 gave me the opportunity to improve my communication skills through writing business letters. It is a major component of business communication, to effectively express requests in a professional cordial manner. Despite being upset with the complaint at hand, keeping a professional tone throughout my writing of a complaint letter. Business Letters
  • Revised Peer Review of Application Package: The application package aims to help us build a portfolio to present to a potential employer. It was effective with developing our employment search, and creating a cover letter and resume for applying to a specific job position of our interest. For this assignment I reviewed my team mate Joyce Wu’s application package and she has reviewed mine. This process helped me improve my application to reflect and showcase my skill-sets for future employment search. Peer Review of Joyce Wu Application PackageJoyce’s peer review of my application package My Application Package
  • Revised Peer Review of a Formal Report: For this assignment I partnered up with my team mate, Usman Zahoor, to review eachother’s formal reports. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Usman’s formal report draft, it had a lot of information organized into all of the sections that were to make up his final report. The topic that he chose to research is informative and highly useful for the company which he works for. Usman reviewed my formal report and provided positive feedback and insight into how I could improve my report, which was beneficial to complete this project. Peer Review of Usman’s Formal Report By: Brenda MartinezPeer Review of Brenda’s Formal Report By: Usman Zahoor