ENG 301-Assignment 1:3 Peer Review 1

ENG 301-Assignment 1:3 Peer Review 1
Student: Brenda Martinez
Reviewing: assignment 1:3, ‘Scope Creep’, written by: Joyce Wu
Link to blog post: https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl301-99a-2019wa/2019/09/24/assignment-1-3-definition-of-scope-creep/

Hi Joyce,

I have read your recent blog post, titled ‘Scope Creep’, this is a review from my thoughts gathered while regarding your post.

Initial Impression: Interesting term, appealing, and cause of intrigue pursuing the reader to find out more.

Tone: Professional throughout, I liked that you gave examples throughout, in order to translate the more complex terminology. Overall, I find that the goal to reach a non-technical audience was achieved with the tone of your writing and your definitions.

Clarity: The examples that you provided were presented with clear language, easy to understand, and this defined the term for the reader. The illustration that you provided, made the point of the frustrating aspects of scope creep that a project manager comes across.

Organization: I found that the organization of your assignment met the criteria of defining the term three different ways. It had an introduction, body, and conclusion, as well as references of your research data collected.

Recommendations: If I may make some suggestions, I think it would be great if you added an explanation as to why you chose to define this term. Adding a personal note, maybe explaining if you have encountered this in your line of work, could add a nice touch to your assignment. Also, the etymology portion, if it is a direct quote citation, maybe it should be referenced within the text. In the body of your work, it might be more effective to try and explain how scope creep occurs without being repetitive and using the phrase “scope creep happens when…” before each example.

Final Comments: This assignment is off to a great start! I think that by making some minor tweaks you could improve it. I hope that my suggestions have been of some help, and I look forward to reading more of your work throughout this semester.

Best Regards, Brenda