“Image That” – By Alima Hassam

I think everyone knows how it feels when you have so much work and you don’t know how you’ll get it done.

You don’t know where to start. You feel like you’ll never be able to get all the work done. So what’s the point of trying? Then, to try to retrieve a glimmer of hope, you look at your schedule for the next couple of weeks and you realize those helpless feelings aren’t going to go away (anytime soon) because the next couple of weeks are just as hectic as this one.

The wet, dark, gloomy weather doesn’t help either. It just makes you feel more grumpy and unproductive.

What’s worst? This pain is self-inflicted. You choose to go to school. You’re actually paying money for this misery you feel.

I was questioning why I choose to go to university in the first place. Then I realized: This as much as any class I’m taking in university is a life lesson. Where would I be if I quit? I would have wasted 4 years in school, a lot of money, and be no better off. Yeah, maybe I wouldn’t be stuck in the library. But what would I be doing instead? Not the career I’m currently striving for. I’m in school because hopefully one day I will be able to benefit from the education and life experiences gained from university.

Imagine That

Imagine that you weren’t stuck inside taking notes sitting in lecture halls all day after day.

Imagine that all year-round the sun shined as if it were May.

Perhaps you’re bored in class right now,

but you’re considering the future anyhow.

For once you get your degree

you are granted creditability.

To peruse a career in what you desire

whether it is art, law, science or fire;

For you see, school helps you to grow like a tree,

then afterwards you are able to be free;

Learn as much as you can

then you’ll have more fun with work you land!