Top 5 Things I Like to Do in Vancouver When it’s Sunny

By: Yara Alcheikh

5. Start the day with a morning run down to Spanish Banks. Going through the trails full of tall trees feels absolutely refreshing, where every breath of air feels so pure. I try to let go of any stress or negative thoughts and attempt to direct my attention to my surroundings.

4. Sit outside at a cafe and read a book.

3. Have a picnic at Kitsilano Beach. I recently went with some friends and had a really nice time, ate light snacks and enjoyed the sounds of the waves. It’s a really mesmerizing view of Vancouver city centre behind the water from here. Everyone likes to be outside when it’s sunny, especially dogs! They walk by after splashing in the water and they brighten my day even more.

2. Play soccer or ultimate on the field!

1. Go roller-blading around the Seawall. I find rollerblading so much fun! I always forget how cold it can get with the wind against me, so my hint is to dress just a little bit warmer than usual; you can always take off an extra layer and put it in your bag if you bring one. Rentals are everywhere around Stanley Park for bikes or rollerblading, so take your pick and enjoy the ride!