Some downtime with my favourite TV shows.

By: Sep Rahmani

I am sure we are all grinding through studying for exams, so I thought I would post about what I like to look forward to at the end of a long day of studying. I am personally studying for an exam I have spent a huge amount of energy studying for, and nothing helps me unwind better after a long day like watching a good TV show. Below I will list my current 3 favourite TV shows, and hopefully if you have never heard of them, you can enjoy them as well.

Breaking Bad:

This is currently my favourite show. I would strongly advise you to start watching this show when you know you have spare time because I promise you that you will be watching entire seasons in one night. The story follows, Walter, an extremely overqualified high school chemistry teacher who works two jobs to support his struggling family. He finds out he has untreatable lung cancer and quickly figures that he must do something drastic to leave his family with enough money to live comfortably. Through certain brushes with fate, he runs into a previous high school dropout, whom he taught, and together they begin making methamphetamine. It turns out that Walter makes the most chemically pure meth ever and from there the story takes off. This show has been critically acclaimed and ranked as one of the greatest TV shows of all time. It has also won several Emmy Awards, including 3 consecutive Best Actor and 2 consecutive Best Supporting Actor awards.

Game of Thrones:

Based on George R.R. Martin’s novels, is an amazing medieval fantasy TV series. If you had ANY interest in that genre, you will absolutely love this show. I will say though, it has very unique aspects and characters that, in my opinion, make this series a much more entertaining and engaging series than any of the Lord of the Rings movies ever were. The story follows several intertwining plots that keep you wanting more after each episode. I highly recommend this show.

The Shark Tank:

Look no further if you want a reality show that doesn’t involve Honey Boo Boo, pawn shops, storage wars, bachelors, fake telepaths, or fist pumps. The Shark Tank is a show where upcoming entrepreneurs, businesses, or inventors come to get an investment in their business from the “Sharks”. These “Sharks” are five extremely successful business moguls that are worth multi millions and billions of dollars that can choose to use their personal money to buy equity in someone’s new business idea. It is especially entertaining to watch some of these huge ego’s compete to buy a share in an upcoming company, and it is even more entertaining to watch them shutdown some of the terrible ideas that are presented in the show.

Good luck on your exams, and remember to take some down time.