3 Quick Beauty Fixes to Start Your Morning Right

I definitely know from experience how difficult it is to achieve work-eat-sleep-life balance, and sometimes that’s simply not possible. That’s why I decided to research and compile the quickest and easiest fixes on how to look like a million bucks when you’re just not feeling it. Better yet, these solutions require only one ingredient, with proven results in seconds.

Let’s get started!

1. Two Spoons

It’s the AM and your (annoying!) alarm starts blaring off its usual tune. Upon the third ring, you drag yourself out of bed and start brushing your teeth… only to be taken aback by your twin in the mirror. Don’t get me wrong, you’re beautiful (or handsome), but your eyes are too swollen and puffy from last night’s commitments for your liking.

Luckily, you have planned in advance and left two spoons in the freezer overnight. Bingo! All you have to do to de-puff is to place these frozen spoons on your eye area for a couple of minutes. Upon removal, your skin will look brighter and firmer. Plus, unlike other remedies, there is no clean-up; just pop the spoons back in the fridge and go!

2. Get Cleaner, Brighter Skin while Eating Breakfast

http://www.the-open-mind.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/130306_milk_glass_2.jpg

Milk is a staple in many college students’ diet, and you might as well be pouring yourself a glass of milk on this hypothetical day. Not only does milk supplement your Calcium and Vitamin D intake, it can be used as a facial cleanser for smooth, supple skin.

Use a clean cotton ball or washcloth to apply and gently rub a thin film of milk over your skin. This draws out excess sebum and tightens pores. Leave on for one minute and rinse off with water. It’s as easy as washing your face with commercial cleansers, but without the chemicals.

As you’re eating breakfast, be sure to keep some milk to use on the face!

PS: To any vegan readers, or to those who don’t drink milk regularly, soy milk is a viable alternative. Soy milk can help tighten skin and improve elasticity.

PPS: If you have tiny, clogged pores that don’t seem to unclog by any means, try sugar! Place a few granule’s worth of sugar onto your ring finger, dab some water, and gently rub it against your problem spots. Use your discretion especially in sensitive parts of the face (i.e. eyelids) and if you have sensitive skin. You may combine sugar with honey or water for easier application, if necessary.

3. Get Clean Hair in Seconds

cornstarch
You’re halfway out the door when you decide to check yourself out in the mirror—and you realize that oily mess of hair isn’t going away. Your dry shampoo only seems to make it worse. Should I wear a hat to cover up? A bandana? As all these options have crossed my mind under numerous occasions, I now rely on cornstarch for a quick-fix within seconds.

For clean, oil-free hair, use any type of cornstarch and dab the loose powder on your roots. Wait a second for your hair to set, brush it out, and now you’re ready to start your day!

Tada! And… you’re off! I wish for all your mornings to be terrific and beautiful. Have you tried any quick and easy beauty fixes that have worked? Please let me know in the comments!