Dealing with the Midterm Blues

‘Tis the season of good ole midterms (everyone’s favourite time of the year)! Whenever I hear midterms, STRESS comes to mind. The word stress already makes me feel anxious and stressed! It’s really important to study smart and hard for your exams, but your well being is even more important. Here are some tips of pointers from personal experience that I’d like to share!

EXERCISE:

Pump those endorphins of yours and EXERCISE! I never understand how exercise would help me until this summer. When stressed, I tend to lose my temper easily. With constant frustration and anger, I wasn’t able to absorb my course materials as well as I know could. I took on yoga for the first time over the summer, and it has definitely been my go-to stress outlet. After a good sweat, I felt lively and energized (even during exam periods!)

SLEEP:

A tired mind will not be good, believe it or not! Without a good amount of sleep, you tend to forget more quickly and comprehend materials as well. So make sure to get sleep and energize yourself! #Snorlax

DO SOMETHING YOU LOVE:

If you love to cook, take some time out and cook! If you like to play soccer, arrange a small soccer tournament between your friends and colleagues. Doing something you love will give you something to look forward to and make you feel better!

CONNECT:

Make sure to keep in contact with your friends, families, and professors/TAs! Little study breaks are always good and catching up is always healthy! The individuals around you can give you some helpful advice and most likely be able to bring some smiles to your face.

BE GOOFY, BE YOU:

Finally, being you and having fun is the key to success and happiness during the midterm blues. Whether it is lip syncing in front of the mirror or having an amazing dance off with yourself, make sure to allocate some time to yourself. Before achieving great marks academically, you have to be at your optimal state!