M2: Unethical Food Marketing to Children: Ethics-related marketing

Unethical Food Marketing to Children is one of those small things but has big effects. As this article writes (http://expertscolumn.com/content/unethical-food-marketing-children) Big fast food companies such as McDonalds and brand name soft drink companies such as Pepsi all uses unethical marketing, especially geared to children since they don’t have well developed and critical judgement on matters. McDonalds’ food and Pepsi Co’s soft drinks are proven to be unhealthy for people (as seen on “Super-size Me”) Soft drinks also makes people sick (like mentioned in this blog). The growth hormones in McDonald’s meat effect children’s development. But those companies in question never mention it in their commercials. It is unethical to have scientific facts about side-effects of too much fast food and soft drinks but not to mention it in their Ads. Their Ads not only doesn’t address the health concerns in fast-food and soft drinks, but tries to make their products seem more positive and healthy with celebrity branding and ‘cool’ slogans’ (Pepsi Solgan: “The Best Drink Created Worldwide”).  As Children are especially vulnerable since they are too young to critically think of possible side effects.  Together, it makes the matter worse. They try to portray themselves as very positive, healthy, and lively (fun to eat/drink), easily luring uneducated kids. The primary reason for the issue is the vulnerable minds of kids, their demand for soft drinks, and lack of legal framework. Cigarette commercials address its health hazards, alcohol and gambling commercials always address reasonability. But why are fast-food and soft drink company not addressing any concerns? I would suggest the companies to voluntarily be more responsible and practice ethical marketing by including unhealthy side-effects in their commercials.

This entry was posted in Assigned Posts, Assignment:Ethics related marketing, Marketing 296. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to M2: Unethical Food Marketing to Children: Ethics-related marketing

1. Burberry uk says:

here. I am certain that I could visit the following place again soon.

2. Hello Website Owner! Very nice blog you have here, I kinda like it! I noticed you were using WordPress and I figure I’d share a tip with you. There’s a plugin for WordPress I use on my own websites that will help you boost your traffic significantly ! You can easily get a spot on the page 1 for your specific keywords ! Here is the link … http://bit.ly/xqj97z ! If you need help with anything feel free to contact me ! Have a nice day !

3. blogging says:

I simply couldn’t go away your site prior to suggesting that I really enjoyed the standard information a person supply in your visitors? Is gonna be again incessantly to investigate cross-check new posts
    blogging http://www.dailynetblog.com/

4. you’ve got a great way of communicating with the reader, a great way of making me feel like what you have to say is just as important to me as it is to you. keep it up! lista de emails lista de emails lista de emails lista de emails lista de emails

5. mestreseo says:

really nice article, thanks for them good post. mestreseo mestreseo mestreseo mestreseo mestreseo

6. K Mohan says:

I’m feeling as if u have copied the idea written in the blog as I have read similar thing by another blogger, before a decade.

7. K Mohan says:

I’m feeling this blog has been copied from elsewhere