Conference Presentations

Isabeau, Debra, Erika, Judy and Jeanette (POD2015)

2016

Poole, G., Verwood, R. Iqbal, I. (2016 October). Using personal networks and social network theory to improve teaching and learning. Pre-conference workshop at 2016 International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Conference, Los Angeles, CA.

Poole, G., Verwood, R. Iqbal, I. (2016 October). Tales of teaching and learning: Whose stories matter to you and why? Conference workshop at 2016 International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Conference, Los Angeles, CA.

Iqbal, I., Greig, A., Ho, A., Bradley, A., & Rankin, A. (2016, October). Using student peer assessment to promote critical analysis skills and reflective abilities. Work-in-progress session presented at CHES Celebration of Scholarship, Vancouver, BC. View presentation slides and download Student Peer Assessment Handout.

Iqbal, I., Jasper, J., Kristensen, E. (2016, June). Workshop for New Educational Developers. Full day workshop presented at the Festival of Learning, Burnaby, BC.

2015

Iqbal, I., Kustra, E., Dawson, D., McDonald, J. Chan, J. (2015, November). The educational developer’s portfolio: Preparation, practice, performance, and proof. Interactive session presented at the Professional & Organizational Development Network in Higher Education (POD) Conference, San Francisco, CA.

Iqbal, I., Albon, S., Pearson, M. (2015, June). Strategic planning in an educational development centre: Motivation, management, and messiness. Roundtable session presented at the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Conference. Vancouver, BC.  (Download handout).

Timmermans, J., Hoessler, C., Iqbal, I. (2015, June). Setting our sights: Exploring alternative career routes in educational development. Roundtable session presented at the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Conference. Vancouver, BC.

2014

Iqbal, I. (2014, November). Identifying faculty development needs for the integrated curriculum. Roundtable session presented at the Professional & Organizational Development Network in Higher Education (POD) Conference, Dallas, TX. Iqbal-POD 2014-integration (HO, PDF)

Pearson, M., Iqbal, I., Lee, J. & Albon, S. (2014, May). No easy answers: Attempting to improve the student evaluation of teaching process in a Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Presentation at the 16th Ottawa Conference, Ottawa, ON.

Wright, L., & Iqbal, I. (2014, February). Sharing our stories: Building an educational development portfolio. Session presented at the Annual Winter Conference of the Educational Developers Caucus of the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Calgary, Canada.

Iqbal, I., Chan.J., & Wright, L. (2014, February). Knowing our stories: An exploration of educational development portfolios. Session presented at the Annual Winter Conference of the Educational Developers Caucus of the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Calgary, Canada.

Kristensen, E., Smith, H., Iqbal, I., Dawson, T., & Knaack, L. (2014, February). Mentoring our future leaders: Defining next steps. Session presented at the Annual Winter Conference of the Educational Developers Caucus of the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Calgary, Canada.

2013

Iqbal, I. (2013, June). Summative review of teaching and professional growth–Is there a connection. Paper presented at the Canadian Society for the Study of Higher Education Conference, Victoria, BC, Canada.

Iqbal, I. (2013, June). The department head’s role in valuing summative peer reviews of teaching. Paper presentated at the Canadian Society for the Study of Higher Education Conference, Victoria, BC, Canada.

Bain, M., Lee, Z., Golparian, S. Wright, L., & Iqbal, I. (2013, June). Lessons from the field: Communities of practice in post-secondary context. Poster presentation at the Canadian Society for Studies in Higher Education, Victoria, BC.

2010 – 2012

Iqbal, I. (2012, April). Faculty members’ experiences of receiving feedback in the summative peer reviews of teaching. Poster presentation at the American Educational Research Association Conference, Vancouver, BC, Canada. View AERA Poster.

Iqbal, I. (2012, February). ‘That’s not my thing’ or Why faculty members resist the summative peer review of teaching. Session presented at the Annual Winter Conference of the Educational Developers Caucus of the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Halifax, Canada.

Photo: ICED 2010

Photo: ICED 2010

Iqbal, I. (2010, June). How do pre-tenured faculty and tenured faculty members understand the peer review of teaching? Poster presented at the International Consortium of Educational Development Conference. Barcelona, Spain.

Iqbal, I. (2010, February). Faculty engagement in educational development – The influence of departmental culture(s). Session presented at the Annual Winter Conference of the Educational Developers Caucus of the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Kamloops, Canada.

For conference presentations prior to 2010, see here.

Photo credit: UBC Cherry Blossom by Roddy Keetch (CC BY)