. This may be of interest to PhD students in the health sciences that are nearing the end of their program (i.e., those who will have a PhD by September 1, 2019) and current postdoctoral fellows (e.g., those who earned their PhD after September 2014).
MSFHR Research Trainee Program
The Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research (MSFHR) Research Trainee Program is designed to attract, recognize, and support outstanding researchers who have completed a PhD, or are a health professional eligible for a fellowship (or equivalent) program, by providing funding that helps protect time for health research activities.
This program may be of interest to PhD students in the health sciences that are nearing the end of their programs (i.e., those who have a PhD by September 1, 2019). This program is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents or foreign nationals, and primarily (70% of total funding) supports MSFHR’s four research pillars: biomedical, clinical, health services, and population health. The remaining 30% of funding will be allocated to outstanding researchers conducting research in the five BC health system key priority areas.
Info Session at UBC this Thursday (Dec 13): This session will include a presentation and a question-and-answer session, as well as the opportunity to connect with members of the MSFHR team.
· Date & Time: Thursday, December 13, 9-11 AM
· Location & Address: Michael Smith Laboratories (MSL), Lecture Theatre 102, 2185 East Mall (V6T 1Z4)
Award Amount and Duration: The award consists of a stipend and a research and travel allowance and provides support for up to a maximum of three years. The amount and duration of the MSFHR Research Trainee award is determined by the amount of time since an applicant has completed their PhD, or health professional degree, as of the full application deadline.
· Letter of intent deadline: January 11, 2019, 4:30 p.m. PT
· Full application deadline: February 19, 2019, 4:30 p.m. PT
Find out more about MSFHR’s Research Trainee Program at: https://www.msfhr.org/funding/trainee-program/2019