HELLO, PLEASE NOTE THIS SITE HAS BEEN ARCHIVED AND THE CONTENT HAS BEEN RE-POSTED ON MY NEW SITE HERE:
- Colour Brewer is a colour selection guide with beautiful continuous and divergent colour scales.
- Mapshaper is a shapefile simplification tool that lets you upload your own shapefiles.
- Inquiron Online File Converter allows you to simply drag and drop files to convert .SHP files to .KML files or to geocode spreadsheets. This is really slick!
- The Noun Project is a site where you can download an icon for everything, and many are free.
- GeoBC is the government portal for free shapefiles and imagery covering British Columbia.
- USGS Download Portal for many types of US Geological Survey data including shapefiles and imagery for the US.
- Census Illustrated Glossary is a great place to look up census geography terms and learn about nested geographies.
- Interactive Census Map is primarily designed to help you navigate through the Census geography structure but it also allows you to easily locate and access Census Tract profiles.
- World Bank Database Provides access to global development data for most countries in the world.
- Interactive Map of the World Bank database provides access to global development data in visual form using a google earth mashup.