Pages

Blogroll

January 2010
M T W T F S S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Professional Presentations: Prezi – PowerPoint Alternative

If you are a teacher, a university professor, a student, a businessman or a businesswoman, you probably have been using PowerPoint for your presentations. I have been using PowerPoint for my lectures and conference presentations for a while as well. One of the things, however, that I found inconvenient with the PowerPoint presentations is that you must follow the slides sequentially. I kept thinking how different it is from this large multi-part chalk board we had in the old days, where the entire lecture was written on them almost without using an eraser. At the end of the lecture you could see the entire thing – the big picture.

Old chalk boards ... a good old "educational technology"

A chalk board ... a good old "educational technology"

While using a PowerPoint, your audience might follow you carefully, but since the slides have to go in order, your listeners might not see the big picture of your talk. It also might limit their ability to see connections between different parts of the presentation.

I have noticed a few times that at conferences some presenters use an alternative, called Prezi. This looks like a very interesting software (unlike the PowerPoint, the basic version of Prezi is FREE) for the PowerPoint. I recommend you to try it out. I am planning to prepare a presentation in this medium and see how it goes. Looks very interesting.