Reflecting on my Peer’s Formal Report

Unit 3 reflection blog

I just reviewed my peer’s formal report and I’m realizing that I need to step up my game! I definitely need graphics that illustrate more of my findings and definitely would like to make it a little prettier. Doing the peer review made me realize that my report also needs to be a bit more thorough! 

Researching my topic was really eye opening for me because I realized how a lot of other AMS services are struggling with the same issue Vice is facing. Everyone wants their own voice, their own platform, and their own identity. But it’s hard for AMS to to open up to the idea of having small brands within a large one, which is completely understandable. The process has taught me that I need to truly consider both sides- Vice and AMS’s. Both have valid reasons, but it’s about doing what’s best for the services and reaching as many people who may need the help as possible. 

Organizing the report was a bit difficult at first because I couldn’t figure out which sections should be grouped together. Should I have services only section? Divide it by social media platform? I may still tweak my final report… 

Writing the report was interesting because I saw all my research and ideas laid out on paper. It really helped me organize where I wanted it to go and how I wanted it to read. I realized that I was being a bit aggressive in my push for Vice to control all it’s marketing, and I’ll definitely tone that down a bit more!

formal report draft