Claudia Chung's Blog

Just another UBC Blogs site

Claudia Chung's Blog  header image 2

Nintendo N3DS (comment on classmate’s blog) (9- comment on classmate’s))

March 25th, 2011 by Claudia Chung

I came across Gabriel Wong’s blog post about Nintendo’s soon to be released 3Ds gaming system. Gabriel did a fantastic job of analyzing the marketing mix for this new product. He mentioned that he would place this product in the Introductory stage of the PLC and I agree with him. Even though the gaming system industry has been around for more than 10 years, gaming consoles that are 3D is completely NEW to the industry.

Gabriel mentioned that in the article he read, the company realizes that there may be a segment which may not use the 3D feature, and I agree with Gabriel’s opinion about Nintendo not having to be concerned about this. In my opinion, Nintendo has also been one of the leading innovators for gaming consoles. Its evolution of portable gaming consoles has made such progress and every single one of its new gaming consoles were successful; I believe the N3Ds will be as well. It could be said that gamers are trend followers and are unafraid to take risks in trying new products.

Since Nintendo is producing the first gaming system that will go 3D, there is a hype the comes along with it. Although consumers will not be happy about having to buy new games to support the 3D function of the console, gamers eventually will buy new games, just so they could experience the 3D affect. However, the main point is, with Nintendo being such an established company, many trend followers/ gamers are loyal to Nintendo and have trust in its innovations. Having this new gaming system would essentially make the buyer and user “cool” and “trendy” because they own something this amazing!

Nintendo has nothing to worry about. As long as the N3Ds comes out with no bugs or defects, I think that consumers will find this new product worth the purchase.

Tags: No Comments

Leave A Comment

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.