M3 Entry 5: Indigenous Storywork

I found the following website to be of interest:

https://indigenousstorywork.com/

This Indigenous Storyworks website has been developed to help educators learn about Indigenous cultures and ways of knowing, through Indigenous traditional and life-experience stories. According to Dr. Jo-ann Archibald, stories guide the development of our heart, mind, and spirit. Each page contained valuable information. I was most excited about the resources page.

On the home page, the video by Dr. Archibald reflects on the role of Indigenous stories, Indigenous pedagogies, the role of storytelling in Indigenous education, ways to help children and other learners make story-meaning, and educators’ considerations for using Indigenous stories today.

One comment

1. Hi Ravneet,
    I was also exploring the Resources page and came across the wholistic storywork foundation with four R’s and seven principles of storywork:
    Reverence, Respect, Responsibility, Reciprocity, Wholism, Interrelatedness, and Synergy, which are great foundational pillars for understanding and implementing Indigenous stories in classrooms. Thanks for sharing!