Email To Perspective Writing Team Member (1)

Hi Andree,

I hope this email finds you well. Your application letter stood out to me because of your articulate writing style, your extensive experience in technical writing, and the common expectations we share for a team in ENGL 301. It is my pleasure to invite you to be a part of my professional writing team and sharpen our written communication skills together.

It is evident from your application letter that you are an experienced writer in both the academic and professional settings. I have been exposed to different professional writing genres during co-op terms, allowing me to develop effective communication skill. I can offer you support in that manner and provide comments on how you can write more effectively. Likewise, I am open to constructive criticism; I believe your editing ability would be instrumental to my learning in this class. I am also excited to see that your experience as a TA for PHYS 100/101 paralleled with my work at the Geography Department as a GIScience Project Worker in terms of facilitating tutorials. I value timely communications amongst team members as well, and I believe we can work well collaboratively and learn from each other in a team.

I have attached my application letter for your review. Alternatively, you can follow this link to view the letter on my blog: https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl301emilyfungleung/files/2019/09/301-Emily-Leung-Application-letter-.docx.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you soon and I would be thrilled to have you on my team

Best regards,
Emily