Unit 3 Reflection Blog: Where Did the Time Go?

Standard

Unit 3 Reflection: This Was A Lot

Date: December 10, 2019

Dear Everyone,

This was one of the most stressful units of my university career while trying to transition into my new position as a production manager. I was literally writing my draft and peer review assignments backstage in between set changes and follow spot cues. But while I have you here, let’s talk about what we accomplished.

Application Package

I was kicking myself having essentially completed an application package for my new job in November and I have a conscience, so I began investigating internships on broadway if I weren’t engaged, have 2 cats, and a career in the Okanagan. I will be choosing an internship from PlayBill.comĀ  under the technical category postings. Adapting my recently updated resume will be an easy task as well. So I am feeling good about it.

Report Draft

So this I am not feeling as good about. Having to transition from the company my topic is on, data has not been what I envisioned 3 months ago. The response rate was small compared to the desired sample size I wanted. However, the enforcement of the survey was non-compulsory so there was not much more I could do to improve it without purchasing incentives. I have also never made a research report based on my own data, so this is uncharted territory. I also feel like I am floundering with the lack of rules in the outline: no word count, no source quota, no direction for figures. I am genuinely struggling for inspiration to continue with the assignment and am interested in what comes back in my peer review.

Peer Review

After stressing about my own work, it was a sigh of relief to hear from my team that they were in the same spot. We all had trouble writing around our assignments and work schedules. In working on my peer review I had a better opportunity to see what worked in a report, especially in organization and heading use.

Overall, it will be a major push to complete these assignments. I hope this will end well.

Thanks,

Morgan Brandt