Assignment 1.2 Email message to Prospective Writing Team Partners

Standard

Email #1 – Samuel Kobierski

To: kobierski.sm@gmail.com

From: voanhthu96@yahoo.co.uk

Date: January 10th, 2018

Subject: English 301 Prospective Team Member

Dear Mr. Kobierski,

I am writing to extend an invitation to you to join me in a professional writing team for the course English 301. After reading your Letter of Application and your biography, I am confident that our skills are complimentary to each other and we will have a successful collaboration throughout this term.

What stood out to me the most from your application and biography was your dedication and work ethic. With your background as a trades person learning from hands-on experience and your determination to take on the Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NAME) master program as an undergraduate student, I strongly believe you are a hardworking person who will learn from his mistakes and do not crumble under pressure. This is a great quality when apply to a technical writing course, as I believe all good writing requires immense patience and lots of revision.

With my previous experience in writing technical reports and knowledge from self-taught writing books, I believe I will be able to give you constructive feedback for a more professional writing style. As you are a native English speaker, you will be an asset to our team with your extensive vocabulary and smooth writing flow. I am also certain that our mutual belief in effective communication and working on a timely manner will be the perfect combination for this writing team.

Attached in this email you will find my Letter of Application for your reference. Please also check out my blog and please do not hesitate to send me a message through Facebook if you have any other question.

I hope you will consider me as a potential team member and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Sincerely,

Thu (Navy) Vo.

Email #2 – Jenny Bachynski

To: jennifer.bachynski@alumni.ubc.ca

From: voanhthu96@yahoo.co.uk

Date: January 11th, 2018

Dear Ms. Bachynski,

I am emailing you to introduce myself as a potential writing team member for the course English 301. Your Letter of Application and Biography speaks to me and I strongly believe in our writing compatibility and our future success as a team for this course.

Your passion and dedication for writing would be an asset to our team. From your journey in pursuing an English degree and relevant experience while working as a designer and writing contributor, I trust that your writing is professional, yet humble and to the point. I also admire your determination to constantly improve by continuously practicing writing in many different aspects. Your suggestions in our team will be valued as they come from an experienced writer striving for better outcomes. I also enjoy how your word choice creates an appropriate tone for your writing – this is something I hope to learn more from you.

I was tasked with technical writing while working for a mining technology company and an engineering consulting firm. Exposure to two different businesses improved my writing skills profoundly through client proposals, factual reports, research and drilling reports. Hence, I am able to support you in developing the business writing style that you are aiming for. Furthermore, I am happy to give and receive constructive criticism in order to create an open collaborating environment between us.

Sincerely,

Email #3 – Kaylee Jeong

To: kaylee.jeong@alumni.ubc.ca

From: voanhthu96@yahoo.co.uk

Date: January 11th, 2018

Dear Ms. Jeong,

I would like to invite you to join me in a professional writing team for the course English 301. After reading your Letter of Application and your Biography, I am confident that our skills are complimentary to each other and we will have a successful collaboration throughout this term.

Your writing experience from your Biochemistry undergraduate degree will undoubtedly benefit our writing team. I highly value your analytical approach and logicality in writing, as it is crucial to deliver coherent and easy to understand writing products. Furthermore, your 5-year volunteer experience at Mount Saint Joseph Hospital has given you great interpersonal skills, which would effectively improve online communication in this course.

My previous Co-op experience will be complimentary to you as I have profoundly improved my writing to be more concise and in a timely manner. While working at a mining technology company, I learned to write more succinctly through summarizing test procedure, showcasing and explaining significant trends through visual aids and elaborating results in technical laboratory reports. My experience in the engineering consulting field has significantly challenged me to work under deadlines and to produce proposals and reports within a limited amount of time, which I am happy to share with you and help you improve on this aspect.

Sincerely,

Thu (Navy) Vo.