Have you ever wondered what the team at Student Support & Advising works on when we are not busy helping students at the Welcome Centre, Advising Centre or on phone calls? How about what our pets look like?

I hope that this edition of ES Connected helps people learn more about the dynamic team at Student Support & Advising and the work that we do. Our team of 54 can usually be found roaming throughout Brock Hall in Vancouver – although more recently you will see our smiling faces over Zoom or Skype. Our team consists of people with a variety of experiences as we have individuals formerly from social work, teaching, working at a winery, restaurateur and probation officer – all of which comes in handy when advising students! Although we work hard, we are also a tremendous amount of fun! This team is truly a special group of people who support each other every day. This edition will give you a chance to see some of the work that we do, as well, give you a glimpse into our less serious side.

It’s been a tremendous pleasure for me to be able to work with such a great team of people. It’s really amazing how much we’ve grown from when this unit was formed just over 7 years ago, and it’s exciting to see it continually evolve. I sincerely hope you enjoy this edition of ES Connected and hope to have an opportunity to speak with you one day!

– Jennifer Chin, Associate Registrar & Director, Student Support & Advising