Erin Shannon started her career in 2003 with Enrolment Services working as an Advisor in the Student Financial aid and Awards Unit.  Soon after, Erin was recognized for her ability to lead and was quickly promoted to Manager, Financial Support Initiatives where she provided supervision and training to front line staff, adjudicated over 4000 applications and lead the General Bursary program.

In 2010, Erin moved into her current position as Manager Academic Support on the Okanagan Campus where she oversees systems and processes for Degree Navigator, Records and Registration, Academic Evaluations, Transfer Credit, Course and Exam Scheduling, Graduation and other projects.

For everyone out there fortunate enough to have worked with Erin you know what made her the perfect candidate for the President’s Service Award for Excellence, but for those of you that have not yet made her acquaintance, I thought it relevant to share some of the nice things people say and think about her:

“There is no one else that I work with that I could strongly recommend more for the President’s Service Award than Erin Shannon. There is truly not another colleague or campus partner that I know who is so passionate about students, staff, faculty, and the institution alike”

“Although it was unfortunate the UBC Vancouver ES Support Manager position was vacant for most of the project, I feel fortunate that Erin stepped in and took on representing our interests, she did this while still fulfilling her regular duties at UBC Okanagan.”

“The word ‘excellence’ epitomizes what Erin provides on a day-to-day basis for UBC as an employee, as a supervisor, to the UBC community as a whole, and as a person.”

“Extremely efficient and a fantastic team player: I can count on Erin when any questions come up, should it be about SISC, about creating new reports, about some calendar interpretation, or dealing with students’ requests.”

“I have come to admire and rely on her a great deal, and feel very proud to work for her.”

“Erin always gives 110%.  She always puts herself out there and goes above and beyond to help staff, students and faculty.”

And as for me, Erin is someone I look up to and have a great amount of respect for.  I am proud to say that I am a member of her team.

Congratulations Erin!