Who: Claudia Bastien
Unit: Student Support & Advising
Position: Enrolment Services Professional
Since: May 2017

Professional Background:
I graduated from Laurentian University with a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Biology. During which time I worked for Laurentians’ Liaison services as a tour guide and senior tour guide. Soon after graduating I was offered a position as a recruitment officer and accepted it without any hesitation. I have worked as a recruiter for the better part of two years, mainly focusing on recruitment in the domestic secondary field in Ontario. Although I’ve moved quite a bit from what I originally studied in university I still absolutely love a good lecture on anything that has to do with zoology, ecology, evolutionary biology, etc, and I attend as many as I can during my free time.

Personal Background:
My main loves are animals, traveling, & the outdoors. My favorite place so far has been Iceland; I traveled alone, taking in the absolute natural beauty of the diverse landscape. When it comes to the outdoors you’ll find me most often by a lake, the sea, or a beach doing a number of different activities such as wet suit or dry suit diving, stand up paddle (SUP) boarding, SUP yoga, and swimming. When it comes to putting my two feet on land I love running and hiking new trails.