Human Companion: Hannah Madden-Krasnick (Student Comms Assistant & Co-op Student)
Name of Pets: Thunder, Shadow, and Norbert
Types/Breeds: All three are outdoor domestic cats
Age: Thunder & Shadow: 9, Norbert: 6

Favourite pastimes: Thunder enjoys napping, cuddles, and belly rubs. Shadow likes to terrify his family by disappearing for weeks at a time (he is often on house arrest). Norbert is a bit of a wildcard – you never know if he’s going to let you love him or try and bite you.

Favourite thing about your pets: Shadow will nap for hours on my lap when I’m at my computer which never gets old. Thunder is not very good at jumping but tries her hardest and it’s pretty hilarious to watch.

Interesting facts: Norbert was the runt of his litter and is now twice the size of any regular cat (seriously).

Origin stories: My family used to go to Cortes Island every summer, and we’d go to the Friday market every week. One day we were sitting in the tiny cafe and we noticed three kittens in a cage sitting on the other side of the window. Turns out there was a very nice family looking to find a good home for their cat’s latest litter. It took all of an hour to convince our parents that 3 girls + 3 FREE cats = a great idea. 3 years later we lost our beautiful Midnight to a probable coyote and we went back to the island where we found a brand new litter and our newest monster, Norbert!

The cat in the snow is Shadow, the 3 kittens are Midnight, Shadow, and Thunder when we first got them, and Norbert is the giant cat sleeping on sheets.