Center for World Indigenous Knowledge and Research
This website is housed and maintained by Athabasca University. The Center for World Indigenous Knowledge and Research has the following goals:
- Meet academic needs of Indigenous students, scholars, nations, communities, institutions and organizations
- Improve the development and delivery of Indigenous Education at Athabasca University
- Strengthen the research undertaken for, by and about First Nation Metis and Inuit People at Athabasca University
- Acknowledge and develop the role of traditional knowledge in academic settings
- Support, protect and preserve Indigenous Knowledge, Education and oral traditions
Athabasca University is Canada’s open University offering over 700 online courses and 90 degrees, diplomas and certificate programs with flexible start times.
The Center for World Indigenous Knowledge and Research provides a support and resource network for indigenous students taking Athabasca University courses and programs in their homes, communities or Nations.