Introduction to Twitter

Twitter is an online social networking and microblogging service that enables users to send and read short messages, called “tweets”, which are text messages limited to 140 characters.  This limit was put into place as a direct consequence of Twitter’s early days where Tweets were sent via SMS message.  As SMS are limited to 160 characters, Twitter reserved the first 20 characters for the sender’s username and left 140 characters for the message. (Dugan, 2011)

Users add a hashtag symbol, #, before a relevant keyword or phrase in their Tweet to categorize those Tweets and help them show more easily in Twitter Search.  Twitter users can follow hashtags to see all Tweets of a certain topic and can create their own hashtags to describe the nature of their content. (Twitter, 2013)

49 comments on “Introduction to Twitter
  1. bmehregani says:

I am familiar with Twitter. I use it for traffic updates only.

I cannot see how Twitter would or could be used *in* the classroom at any K-12 grade level. But, I can see how Twitter would or could be used *out* of the classroom. That is, teachers might invite/encourage their older/adult students to follow them (the teachers) on Twitter regarding updates and information on their (the teachers) classes and/or courses. This would be useful and beneficial for both the teachers and the older/adult students.

Also, Twitter could be used at the school and at the district levels as a way of sending out alerts, updates, and information.

But, back to the classroom setting, I think that Twitter has educational limits in the classroom.

2. Bigg Boss 14 says:

Some writers have classed them as folk drama. I am afraid that this is misleading taxonomy. The rich Sanskrit tissue of the language of these forms and their very close adherence to Bharata’s dramaturgic canons, which recent research has established beyond doubt Bigg Boss HD Episode

3. Mansour says:

before a relevant keyword or phrase in their Tweet to categorize those Tweets and help them show more easily in Twitter Search.

4. sareh says:

This limit was put into place as a direct consequence of Twitter’s early days where Tweets were sent via SMS message.

5. munchkin says:

I think the best practice to use twitter at it’s best is to categorize those words or phrases you want to tweet. It will help them show more easily in Twitter Search.

6. Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one.

7. racesite.pro says:

This site is a great stepping stone for any player that is just getting started with online gambling.

8. Thanks For Sharing Information, I really Like Your Blog.

9. Great information, thanks for sharing it with us

10. Very good article! We will be linking to this great
    content on our site. Keep up the good writing.
    바카라

11. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates.
    바카라

12. Geron20425 says:

Although you don’t have to actually know how to play the overall game and the guidelines, it will be an extra advantage if you know them as this will help you check out which team has the bonus on the other. 먹튀검증

13. Bigg Boss 16 Contestants Name List 2022, Salman Khan show Bigg Boss 16 Expected
    Contestants, Bigg Boss 16 Online Common Man List Out, Celebrity Names,Vooting..

14. Your post is very helpful and information is reliable. I am satisfied with your post. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful post. If you have any assignment requirement then you are at the right place. 메이저사이트
    xb

15. Finally I found such an informative article from your website. This was very useful for us to enrich our knowledge and hopefully that you keep it continuing day to day for sharing an informative article. Cause now i think it’s a little bit hard to find like yours. Can’t wait for your next post as soon as possible. Thank you.
    Best regards,
    jasa pengaspalan

16. Nice article. I hope your blog guide would be helpful for me. It’s great to know about many things from your website blog.
    خرید دسته گل خواستگاری

17. dramasq says:

Appriciate to admin Nice work Amazing . dramasq

18. 劇迷 says:

Gimy TV 劇迷,劇迷首選線上看電視劇與節目,隨時隨地輕鬆追上最新影劇資訊 ! 涵蓋電影、電視劇、動漫、綜藝、陸劇、韓劇、美劇

19. 韓劇網是中文最大的韓劇視頻網站,提供最新韓劇,推薦好看的韓劇線上看、韓劇排行榜,歡迎韓劇愛好者觀看2022最新韓劇,韓國電視劇排行榜讓你及時掌握最新韓劇動態 韓劇線上看2022

20. BiggBoss 16 says:

Highly Recommended.

21. DoramasMP4 says:

Finally I found such an informative article from your website. This was very useful for us to enrich our knowledge and hopefully that you keep it continuing day to day for sharing an informative article. Cause now i think it’s a little bit hard to find like yours. Can’t wait for your next post as soon as possible. Thank you.

22. going to bookmark this website.

23. DesiSerial says:

Thanks For Sharing Information, I really Like Your Blog.

24. Good to Watch Free Drama series

25. lambingan says:

Get all HD episodes of Drama series

26. nice drama series by pinoyteleseryex

27. That is, teachers might invite/encourage their older/adult students to follow them.

28. Dramacool says:

Dramacool is an application that is specially designed for korean drama lovers to get instant drama. Here in this dramacool you can request any Korean drama …

29. doramasyt says:

Dramas coreanos, chinos, Tailandia, Japones, mira antes que nadie los últimos doramas online en emisión y finalizados en DoramasYt HD.

30. ayo main di situs kami dan dapatkan bonus menarik

31. ayo main di situs gacor anti rungkat

32. 4d slot says:

Login sekarang dan jadi rajanya 4d slot di game yang gampang menang dan jackpot!

33. I hope my review was useful to you. I like this blog very much Keep building a good blog. jili สมัครสมาชิก

34. Drmacoool says:

Watch and download Korean drama, movies, Kshow and other Asian dramas with english subtitles online free. Dramacool for everyone!

35. Vrbsoft says:

Thanks for sharing this wonderful post. If you are looking for Website Development company in pune then do visit us on the link.

36. I am overwhelmed by your post with such a nice topic.

37. Simply unadulterated brilliance from you here. I have never expected something not as much as this from you.

38. I really like looking at and I believe this website got some really useful stuff on it!

39. toto365pro says:

Very nice article. I certainly love this website.

40. Brigade Valencia is a modern day residential development thru manner of way of Brigade Group. It offers 2 BHK & 3 BHK pricey apartments with all kinds of great facilities. It is more than in reality a place you stay in, plenty more than in reality a fancy address and loads more than a pretty-looking area. Your homestead need to feature a reflected photo of your particular dreams, aspirations, and perceptions.
    https://www.brigadevalencia.net.in

41. SexyPG168 says:

SexyPG168 pretty98 เว็บบาคาร่าสุดหรู ลิขสิทธิ์แท้จากต่างประเทศ มั่นใจ ปลอดภัย 100%

42. Awesome post. I’m a normal visitor of your site and appreciate you taking the time to maintain the nice site.

43. Hi, all is going well here and of course every one is sharing facts, that’s really fine, keep up writing

44. I’m really glad I have found this information.

45. toto365pro says:

You should be a part of a contest for one of the finest websites on the web.