Current Opportunities

This page will list projects for which I can supervise a graduate student.  There may be scope for honors projects that would build on some of these topics.

I will endeavor to keep this list of opportunities up to date.  However, I do not guarantee that an opportunity listed remains active.  Contact me to be sure that it does remain active, and if it is, then we can have a conversation to assure that you are a suitable candidate.

September 2025 Intake (Applications due 2025-01-15)

• The Economics of Climate Friendly Practices in British Columbia Agriculture (MA/MSc).
    Agriculture is both a major contributor to climate change and one of the sectors most impacted by climate change.  There is tremendous scope for agricultural producers both to reduce the contributions their farms make to climate change, and to increase the resilience of their farms to the impacts of climate change.
    This project is part of the British Columbia Living Lab, one of a number of living labs established as part of the Agricultural Climate Solutions initiative.  For a selection of commodity groups, the successful applicant will work with producers to identify the operational changes between conventional practices and a set of BMPs being investigated in the living lab.  Visiting farms and spending time consulting with producers to document their experience with the BMPs will be required.  The purpose of these visits is to collect quantitative data measuring the changes from the conventional practice that have direct financial consequences, such as addition inputs that need to be purchased, and indirect impacts, such as additional time required to learn about the BMP and to implement it.
    For further details and application information see link above.