Clever and Creative Social Media

February 26th, 2012 § 1 comment

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese’s Mac & Jinx game on Twitter is an excellent representation of a social media campaign that is designed to generate a memorable and meaningful idea.

Mac & Jinx is an interactive game developed by the ad agency, Crispin Porter + Bogusky, which is based on the traditional kids’ game of jinxing. The game is simple, easy to understand, fun and non-intrusive.

How it works:

When two people tweet about mac & cheese, they each receive a message and the first one to call “jinx” by clicking on the URL wins five boxes of mac & cheese and an official Mac & Jinx T-shirt.

Why it works:

By simply searching a given key term and identifying two people who tweet about the same phrase at the same time, Kraft is able to track down potential fans on Twitter using this low-cost method. The benefits of this campaign include improving goodwill, increasing their follower base and creating positive word-of-mouth buzz on the social network.

This campaign proves that a big budget is not necessary to generate big results, but rather that some of the most effective campaigns come from small budgets that are able to deliver substantial impact.

Source: http://mashable.com/2012/02/26/clever-social-media-campaigns/

Tagged , , ,

§ One Response to Clever and Creative Social Media

• Hannah L says:

This is definitely a first! What a fascinating idea. I’m already so tempted to hop onto Twitter and try my luck. I love it when firms take a novel idea that we all grew up/are familiar with and turn into something innovating and refreshing. It somehow magically still banks on that nostalgia factor too!

I can see how this will create a lot of buzz, but I’d be curious as to whether it increases sales conversions. But I guess, it doesn’t matter as much since it’s such low cost. It’s a really cute idea to connect two like-minded individuals (strangers even!) though. It’s so relevant to Kraft – especially since it’s food, something that’s so communal!

This post brought a smile to my face! I think it’s definitely one of those campaigns that focus more on building a community and building the personality of a brand. Super cute!