Application Deadline is: April 2nd .
Job Title: Biodiversity Coordinator (Posting ID: 862968)
Department: Sustainability + Engineering and SEEDS Sustainability Program, Campus + Community Planning, VP External Relations
Work Period/Hours: May 1st, 2019 to August 31st, 2019 (Total 300 hours, approx. 20 hours per week)
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the Campus Biodiversity Initiative: Research and Demonstration (CBIRD) and inform the development of UBC’s emerging Urban Forest Management Plan and Biodiversity Strategy.
- Facilitate the development of new, and coordinating existing partnerships with biodiversity stakeholders including campus staff, students, faculty and external community partners;
- Facilitate a campus-based Biodiversity Steering Committee made up of faculty, staff and students;
- Perform secondary research and environmental scans into best practices to inform the development of the emerging UBC Urban Forest Management Plan and Biodiversity Strategy;
- Work with staff and community partners to identify urban biodiversity challenges and opportunities, and create clearly defined research project proposals that can be integrated with suitable senior level UBC undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Key priority areas include scoping research that can contribute to a baseline of campus biodiversity assets, business case that articulated the benefits of biodiversity, key drivers in to biodiversity loss, pilot projects to test ideas and increase community engagement;
- Develop and submit funding applications as required;
Application Deadline/Process: Please submit Resume, Cover Letter, Professional Writing Sample (one page max) via UBC Careers Online by April 2, 2019.
Manager, UBC SEEDS Sustainability Program
Community Development | Campus and Community Planning
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus
Main Office #3331 -3rd Floor, 2260 West Mall, CIRS Building | Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z1
Phone 604 822 3270 | Cell 604 722 5056