Multiliteracies in ELA Classrooms

The Social Media Telephone Game

July 16th, 2014 · 2 Comments

Greetings fellow English Extrapolators! (Attempting a wink towards Carl Leggo here…)

Here is our second media project.

MediaProjectIIGeorgeandCo

Adapt the Adapted

-George, Leona, Dalyce, and Naz

Tags: Media Project II · Uncategorized

2 responses so far ↓

• karamcampbell // Jul 18th 2014 at 11:13 am

Hi George, Leona, Dalyce, and Naz

I enjoyed this project. I found it very innovative and artistic. I like the idea of taking existing art and verse and a person adding to it to create their own parings of pictures with pictures, of pictures and text, and of pictures and hashtags. I especially like the hashtags because they add to the piece an element of the author’s emotion, attitude towards, and about, the image, and how they pair ideas with the images. I would love a rubric for this, and will likely create one for a future class, as I hope to use this idea one day.

Thank-you,

Kara

• TMD // Jul 24th 2014 at 4:07 pm

Dear George, Leona, Dalyce, and Naz,

Like Kara, I enjoyed this project a great deal. It’s a clever adaptation of the telephone game with some provocative results in the case of your version. The contrast between the final images submitted by Leona (a walk is not just a walk) and the previous was particularly striking. It is interesting in this case that transmission of the message through various media doesn’t distort so much as it crystallizes. Very powerful.

You’ve uploaded the PPT version of the slideshow including all the images and videos. I wonder if you can re-upload this as PDF because the PPT show isn’t compatible across platforms and versions of PPT. I can’t view the collection, for example, on the machine I’m using right now. Alternately, so the video isn’t lost, convert your PPT to video and upload the video to YouTube. Ernesto or I can help with this task.

Thanks again for contributing this unique and provocative project.

Best regards,

Teresa