Pages

Blogroll

September 2010
M T W T F S S
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930  

Youth, Technology and Learning: Worth watching

In my view it is a very interesting video. Although it is a little outdated, it is still very relevant to how we teach and how our students and children learn. I also think it reinforces the idea of inquiry-based or interactive teaching. This generations learns by doing and messing with things, rather than listening and writing the notes down… We have to take into account how they live and communicate with each other if we want to figure out how to engage them in learning.  I also think the video hints to the possibilities of online teaching, although I have witnessed how the online learning can be easily abused both by the students (at least in high school) or by the teachers (who do not want to invest serious effort in their students’ learning). While some educators claim that in online courses it is almost impossible to establish quality interpersonal connections between the students and the instructor, I somehow doubt it. In some ways, electronic communication breaks the walls between people (this is what I noticed in my online course). Online learning environment of course has its own limitations, but the advantages are numerous as well. This video reinforces the idea of how technology can help us break the walls and change the way we connect to people. Take a look!