Pages

Blogroll

April 2013
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930  

A Very Special School Visit to a West Side Elementary School

Today I had an opportunity to visit a local elementary school. This was a regular yet a very special school visit for me, as this was the school that  my own kids attended when we came to Canada. For more than 8 years I have been a member of the Scientists and Innovators in the School volunteering organization that supports scientists who are ready to visit local schools. I was asked to come to this school by accident (the person who originally planned to do that couldn’t) , yet I was very glad I did. We talked about science and lots of other interesting things and I tried to show them a few of my favourite demonstrations. This was a special visit as when I entered the classroom I saw a very elaborate K’Nex structure built by one of the students. He proudly showed me how it worked and I recalled how my kids loved playing with this toy and how much we encouraged them… It is so exciting to see elementary teachers who encourage students to explore science… I hope I will be able to visit this school again!