Pages

Blogroll

July 2014
M T W T F S S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031  

Looking back at STEM 2014 Conference

We have had a very exciting international STEM conference here at UBC. I am very proud to say that my department hosted it and based on the feedback we received people were very pleased with the organization (except for the extreme heat wave we are having now in Vancouver). While I have been very busy with the organizational matters, 5 presentations and two workshops, I had a chance to attend fantastic presentations and meet very interesting people. We had more than 350 attendees from more than 17 countries. It was very interesting. Now my colleagues in mathematics education are hosting PME International Conference (Psychology in Math Education) and in a week UBC will host a conference on undergraduate teaching http://www.iutconference.com/. It is amazing to see how many people at UBC are actively engaged in researching their teaching. I am very proud of our university and of my colleagues who goes above and beyond to support these wonderful events. I am especially grateful to our student-volunteers. They were working so much to make it all happen. I am especially grateful to Ashley Welsh, Guopeng Fu and Latika Raisinghani our graduate students who helped to make it all happen. Thank you all!

Conference photos: Day 1 Day 2 Days 3-4